Sprinkle some mighty Maca Powder into your life
Naturya Organic Maca powder is a perfectly balanced mix of fibre, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. It has been used by South American indigenous populations for centuries and Naturya have brought it to our shores so you can give your diet a healthy boost, too.
What are the benefits of Maca powder?
Naturya Organic Maca powder benefits include:
- Maca root powder is naturally rich in vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and iron, which contribute to the normal functioning of the immune system and help to reduce tiredness and fatigue
- Organic Maca powder has a high iron content, which contributes to healthy cognitive function
- Organic Maca root powder is high in protein, which helps the body to maintain and grow muscle mass
- Maca powder is a good source of zinc, which contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
What is Maca powder?
The Maca plant grows in the Andes in South America and its wealth of health benefits lie in its roots. At Naturya, the Maca they use is grown in Carhuamayo – a province of the ‘Mesya del Bombom’ (Bombom platau), which is over 4,000 metres high. The Maca roots are dug from the ground by hand using a ‘cashu’ (small hoe) to prevent any damage and left in the sun for 10-15 days to dry naturally.
Dried Maca roots can actually be stored for up to seven years, but Naturya’s are rushed to a local processing plant where the best roots are chosen, weighed and then cleaned. Then they’re cleaned again, disinfected and cut up into small segments before being dehydrated at 45°C with humidity control.
Then these Maca root pieces are finely milled into Natury’s Organic Maca Powder, are tested for microbes and then packaged up and shipped to the UK, ready for you to enjoy!
How to use Maca powder
Not only is it packed full of natural power, it also has a delicious malty sweet taste. Sprinkle some into your morning fruit smoothie, yoghurt, or porridge. Or why not try mixing it into a cacao mousse or date-y energy balls?
- Naturya Organic Maca powder is suitable for vegans and vegetarians, is gluten free and kosher
- Source of protein, vitamin B6, calcium & iron
- Can be added to milkshakes, smoothies, yoghurts, porridge and more
Recommended daily amount 10-15g.
100% Organic Maca Root Powder
No added ingredients. Suitable for vegetarian, vegan and Halal diets
This product is packaged in a factory where nuts are also handled
We go to great efforts to ensure that the information on this page is accurate at the time that the page was last edited. As we are constantly reviewing and developing our products to meet our consumer needs, consumers, particularly those that suffer from allergies and intolerances, should always check product labelling, warnings, and directions provided with the product that is delivered, prior to use or consumption.