What is it?
Holland & Barrett Vitamin D supports the maintenance of normal bones and muscle function and the normal function of the immune system. Vitamin D is a fat-soluble essential vitamin, which your body needs to stay healthy. Vitamin D capsules are a good way to make sure that you get your daily dose of this essential vitamin.
- Supports the Normal Function of The Immune System
- Contributes Towards the Maintenance of Muscle and Bone Function
- Suitable for Vegetarians
What Are the Benefits of Vitamin D?
- Vitamin D is also known as the sunshine vitamin, or the sun vitamin. This is because the body produces the vitamin D it needs when our skin is directly exposed to sunlight. When ultraviolet B (UVB) rays hit receptor cells in the skin, they trigger a chemical reaction which produces vitamin D3.
- This means that it can be difficult to get the vitamin D we need, especially during the winter months or if you do not get to spend much time outside. Since it can therefore be a challenge to get enough vitamin D via sunlight alone, the NHS recommends that everyone in the UK should take a vitamin D supplement during the winter months, from October to March, in order to keep their levels topped up.
- Vitamin D helps to support calcium and phosphate levels in the body. Vitamin D supports the maintenance of normal bones and muscle function as well as the normal function of the immune system.
Holland & Barrett International Limited, Barling Way, CV10 7RH, UK
Holland & Barrett Limited, 45 Henry St, D01 E9X8, Ireland
Take 1 Tablet(s) per day, preferably with a meal. Do not exceed stated dose.
Food supplements must not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any medications or under medical supervision, please consult a doctor or healthcare professional before use. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.
Bulking Agents (Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose), Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol), Anti-Caking Agents (Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate).
We go to great efforts to ensure that the information on this page is accurate at the time that the page was last edited. As we are constantly reviewing and developing our products to meet our consumer needs, consumers, particularly those that suffer from allergies and intolerances, should always check product labelling, warnings, and directions provided with the product that is delivered, prior to use or consumption.